Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It finally happened!

Well after over a year of crazy roller coaster rides on the trying to conceive express, We're finally pregnant! The back story, I have PCOS and due to it I also suffer from female fertility issues. My husband and I had been TTC for a long time, and had given up. We decided to stop trying in May of this year, moved to a new apartment, and had a kind of rebirth of our sex life....It's amazing what desirable scenery will do for your libido! Anywho, a couple of weeks ago, I started feeling funny, my lower abdomen hurt like crazy, my breasts swelled and started turning color ( and got too painful to even wear a bra), couldn't stay awake to save my life, and I was nauseous all the time. After so many disappointments, I was very hesitant to take a pregnancy test. But kind of grudgingly I took one. It was invalid, which made me think, I'm not pregnant, I must have a bladder infection or something. Two days later (yesterday) Jason comes home with 2 more pregnancy tests, I waited until the middle of the night to take one, dunno why, just wanted to wait. As soon as I looked at it (without waiting at all) I had a BIG FAT LINE, I puzzled for a second, wondering why the box showed the control line on the other side of the test, but as I sat there on the potty, pondering.....the control line appeared!!!!! Dripping pee the whole way, I ran into the bedroom where Jason lay sleeping, jumped onto the bed and screamed "Jason!!!!! We're pregnant!!!!", shoving the still dripping test in his face. I tested again this afternoon....still pregnant! Funny thing is, I feel like I've given Jason the best birthday present ever, since today was his b-day, and we found out about our baby today! Monique (my sister) came over and brought me a maternity shirt and an outfit for the internally growing lil monster. After she left, I made my first prenatal appt. I will have my first appt. and my first ultrasound on the 12th of Sept.

2 comments:

Estella's Mom said...

I'm so happy for you. It actually makes me miss being prego. At least you'll have a pregnancy resource...ME! I'll tell you everything you'll need...you're personal baby-shopping expert (self-proclaimed, of course). When can we go to baybeez are uz?

RaJen said...

congratulations! We found out we were pregnant on the SAME DAY!!! I found your blog from your sister who posts on a friends' blog and six degrees of separation and all that. My partner and I conceived via IVF, and might I just say, i think it's unfair that straight couple have to wait "so long" for an OB appt or an ultrasound. We'll be having our first u/s next wednesday at 6 weeks, but my guess is, you're a bit further a long than that since you had symptoms on you. Oh, and, PLUS, my sister has a 6month old which is not too far off Estella. Cool, the similarities, huh? Happy & Healthy 9 months! www.rajencreation.wordpress.com